Two Go Walking

This is the website for Emma Williams and Helen Cottington. Together they are walking the South West Coast Path in aid of charity.

Monday, May 15, 2006

JC tells all ...

Ere goes………….

“why did I spend a week of my annual holiday walking 90 miles?”….Not just for the much needed exercise! But to give my support to two remarkably focused young ladies! Helen and Emma. Their attitude and resolve is an example to everyone believe me. Gemma and I have spent a week with them and I am now very happy that apart from sustaining any injury en route they are more than equipped both mentally and physically to complete their aim of walking the 630 miles in support of Cancer Research. What’s more they are actually loving it!! (most of the time!)

Gemma had had enuf though!..if she could speak then I believe what she would have said is, “5 mins in the morning and the same after my tea and forget the 30+ miles in between!!”…(if we walked 15 miles then she would have completed 30!)

In my week we met some super people, nearly all were very supportive and that friendship certainly will help the girls.

What will really help the girls, apart from your donations to Cancer Research! is for them to get your messages of support on this web site. I read them out to them when they phone in the O i/c Rear Party! (me!)

Although I am very glad to be back, in spite of work, my love, admiration and thoughts are very much with them both, they are special people!

LOL John C

1 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent a wonderful day walking with Emma and Helen between Westward Ho and Clovelly. We had lots of fun and the scenery was spectacular.

I am very humbled by their determination and they have my total admiration and support as they continue their journey.

I look forward to catching up with them in June.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home