Two Go Walking

This is the website for Emma Williams and Helen Cottington. Together they are walking the South West Coast Path in aid of charity.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

the captains log... star date 2006


Only two days left now and about 21 miles to go! We left Lulworth Cove and had to head inland today due to the army ranges being used. So we said good bye to the sea for a day and the first half of the day was mostly on the road.

At one point we could hear a deep rumbling to then be confronted with a tank! In fact the noise of the firing ranges was actually quite disturbing for me and it made me think of the horrors of war zones.

Thankfully for us we were away from them once we reached Stoborough and our lunch spot at the lovely Springfield Country Hotel. We found ourselves in the mist of a BP conference and with our sticks and rucksack we didn't blend too well. After lunch we managed to find some public footpaths all the way to Kimmerage and even joined The Purbeck Way for a while.

For those who are joining us in Swanage... We can't wait to see you and look forward to the final walk in. X

4 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Helen and Emma,
By now you will have finished. I reached the end on 30th June at 1.30 What a wonderful feeling but I wanted to keep going! I was also pleased that you saw the peregrines. You will have missed though the lady with plastic bags on her boots at Studland. She wanted to check that they were comfortable and the company would not accept them back if damaged in any way. Oh Internet shopping does have its disadvantages! Well done for your achievement
Best wishes
Catherine Agard-Evans
kate@agard-evans.freeserve.co.uk

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Pablo said...

Congratulations Catherine Emma and found it amazing that you did the walk on your own you must have one determined character!. hope things sort themselves out (work wise)for you and wish you many more happy hours with the path beneath your feet. Best wishes Helen

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Helen and Emma,

My mother Catherine Agard-Evans passed away this time last year and I have noticed from searching you were friends or communicated at one point, I am trying to get to know who she has met as I want to know what she was like for memories, please email me on fionaverity89@gmail.com

It would be amazing to know more about her as I miss her dearly

Fiona

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello people My name is Jonathan Agard Evans and I AM wondering why my mothers death was recorded for when her passport ran out in may 2014, when actually my sister Fiona has stated a log on the 29/06/2006 that my mum died a year earlier from when she logged on ur case specific site. Hows Pablo doing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home